The spice of life is variety, and that’s especially true in the world of color. Stampin’ Up! makes a point to keep an eye on color trends across different markets and industries. When we see changes happening, we review our color spectrum to ensure that we remain consistently on top of the trends. This brings us to the 2018 Color Revamp!
I am super excited about these incredible changes and have a bunch of information to share with you. Let’s discuss the details…
Let’s start with what is going away.
On May 31, 2018, thirteen of our favorite core colors are retiring.
- Always Artichoke
- Chocolate Chip
- Elegant Eggplant
- Island Indigo
- Marina Mist
- Perfect Plum
- Pink Pirouette
- Rose Red
- Soft Sky
- Tangerine Tango
- Tempting Turquoise
- Wild Wasabi
- Wisteria Wonder
The retiring 2016-2018 In Colors are:
- Dapper Denim
- Emerald Envy
- Flirty Flamingo*
- Peekaboo Peach
- Sweet Sugar Plum
*Please note that while Flirty Flamingo is retiring as an In Color, it will continue to be available as part of our core color collection.
Below are the links to the complete lists of retiring products…
CLICK HERE to order your retiring colors using host code QNGVW6KN from my online store and have the products shipped directly to you. The retiring products are only available while supplies last.
THE NEW COLOR COLLECTIONS
While I am sad to see some of my favorite colors going away, I am super excited about how fresh the new palette is and think you are going to love it as much as I do. PLUS, in addition to some fabulous new colors, we also redesigned our ink pads and improved out ink-What? Yes it’s true!
New Ink Pads:
- Less confusing/simplier to open
- Tighter fit between the lid and base
- Improved labels/stickers
Improved Ink to add a defoamer:
- Reduced ink bubbles
- More even coating of ink on the stamp
- Stamped images have a smoother solid appearance
I had the opportunity to give the new pads a try at our recent OnStage event this past weekend and I will tell you they are fantastic.
Now let’s look at the details of the new color collections that will be available starting June 1, 2018 in the 2018-2019 catalog…
In order to keep our four color collections to exclusive Stampin’ Up! colors, we moved Basic Black, Very Vanilla, and Whisper White out of the Neutrals collection to create a Basics Group.
We are adding six returning In Colors that will now be part of our core colors: Do you see some of your past favorites? I am especially excited about Blackberry Bliss.
- Mossy Meadow
- Poppy Parade
- Flirty Flamingo
- Coastal Cabana
- Mint Macaron
- Blackberry Bliss
Want to see each of the new collections?
- Online Color Coach: The online color coach shows great color combinations featuring all of our new and returning colors. There is also a blank color coach that serves as a template where you can create your own color combinations. Simply download the files below.
- Paper/Ink/Marker Color Chart: Below are some color charts for you to download and print to add in a swatch of each paper color, stamp an image with the ink and make a scribble with your marker to use as a handy reference to easily see which products you have in your personal collection.
Whew-That was a bunch of information, but I hope you have a good feel for the color changes and are super excited to start crafting with all these fabulous colors.