Today I am sharing a super fun shaker card I created with the Frights & Delights, September 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit.
Shaker cards are so much fun and create an instant smile don’t you think? Who can resist giving a card like this a little shake to see all the confetti inside the window move around. Love it!
Shaker cards are easy to create once you understand the layers you need.
On the top you will want to use clear acetate so you can see inside. I decorated the outside so I could cover where my adhesive is placed. I also adhered a layer I cut from one of the bags in the kit so the spiders would look like they were on the window.
Use Foam Strips to outline the edges of the acetate. You want to be sure there are no open gaps in the foam. This will give you some height to allow movement and will keep all your “sprinkles” inside the card when you shake it. I used Metallic Sequins inside today’s project.
You will want to completely cover the foam when you adhere the back layer so there are no gaps to keep the sequins inside. I have tried placing my sequins in the center of the acetate, removing the backing paper from the tape and then adhering the back in place as well as placing the sequins on the center of the back layer, removing the backing paper from the tape and then adhering the front in place. Both will work, but I tend to do whichever is easier for placement of my layers based on the design I have chosen to create.
If this does not make sense let me know and I can try to do a facebook live to show how to create this.
- 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ (folded in half) Basic Black cardstock
- 4″ x 2-3/4″ Gorgeous Grape cardstock- cover layer with bags from kit
- 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ Mango Melody cardstock- die cut with largest scallop square in the Layering Square dies.
- 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ Pumpkin Pie cardstock
- 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ Window Sheet- cover inside with bag from kit.
- 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ Basic Black cardstock- die cut window with fourth largest square in the Layering Square dies and the largest square in the Stitched Shapes dies.
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White cardstock (inside)
Be sure to join me again tomorrow for another super quick alternate project.
Hope you enjoy!
Here are a few additional supplies needed to create today’s alternate project…
Did you know refills are currently available (for subscribers only) of select past kits? Right now you can even order the Frights & Delights full kit (includes the stamp set) as well as the refill kit! Click HERE to order you refills using host code YWJDYVZX before they are gone from my online store and have the products shipped directly to you.
Not yet a subscriber, but want to join the fun? Sign up at www.paperpumpkin.com/subscribe?demoid=73266 by the 10th of the month to get the next kit in the mail! You can even join now and order any past kits that are available in my online store.
Click HERE to learn more about the Paper Pumpkin subscription program.
Additional Exclusive Perks when you subscribe with me!
- Monthly FREE Club gathering where we will enjoy an hour of fun and relaxation as we all put our kits together.
- Private facebook group
- FREE BONUS PDF with 10-12 alternative ideas on how to use your Paper Pumpkin kit (each month you are a subscriber with me).
What are you waiting for? Click Here to Subscribe today!
If you’re one of my Creativeleeyours Diemonds team members you’ll receive the BONUS PDF too (one of the many perks of being a member of my fabulous team!) Click HERE for more information on becoming a Diemond! It really is a great time to join the team.
Thank you for choosing me as your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS AND INFORMATION:
- Join my Stampin’ Up!® Diemonds team and get the awesome customizable starter kit HERE. It’s the best bundle ever!
- Join my Online FMN Stamp Club and get your membership for FREE when you purchase Stampin’ Up!® products each month HERE
- Follow my blog by email and receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my daily blog updates and monthly newsletter HERE.
- Join Paper Pumpkin and get FREE BONUS PDF Tutorials with alternate projects each month.
- Earn Exclusive BONUS tutorials and FREE stamps with my rewards program. CLICK HERE for details.
- Go SHOPPING for your favorite Stampin’ Up!® products HERE.