December is month full of celebration, so I am choosing a perfect project to send out to wish your family and friends a Happy New Year! This stunning starburst card could also be used to celebrate a Birthday, Graduation or really any occasion you simply want to celebrate.
This awesome layout was inspired by a project created by Martin Stone. As soon as I saw his project, I just had to create a version of it.
I created the starburst panels by stamping and heat embossing with White Emboss Powder two of the larger tree images from the Whimsical Trees stamp set onto Balmy Blue cardstock. Next I trimmed each of the trees into a triangle with my Paper Trimmer and then applied a bit of Pacific Point ink to a portion of each triangle with a Blending Brush to give it an Ombre appearance. Don’t you love how the embossed images resist the applied ink? So much fun!
The Whimsical Trees stamp set is just one of the products I used today that is on the Last Chance list and will be retiring soon. Be sure to order yours before it’s gone forever. See full promotion details HERE.
I layered one set of the trees to the 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ Balmy Blue layer and then trimmed away a few of the overlapping points as well as the excess portions around the outer edges of the layer.
I repeated the process on the next set, but adhered them with Foam Adhesive Strips to pop them up.
The Ombre Specialty paper made a great choice to tie all the colors together while adding a little sparkle.
- 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ (folded in half) Balmy Blue cardstock
- 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ Balmy Blue cardstock
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ Balmy Blue cardstock- stamp/emboss and cut into triangles
- 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ Ombre Paper-die cut stars
- 2-1/2″ x 1-1/4″ Basic Black cardstock- die cut sentiment
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ Basic White cardstock (inside)
Wendy Lee – US<<<YOU ARE HERE>>>
Love this project? Here is your shopping list so you can re-create this idea on your own…just click on the images below to add them to your cart.
Live in the US…CLICK HERE to order your stamping supplies from my online store and have the products shipped directly to you. Don’t forget to add the HOST CODE P2JDPX3P to take advantage of all my Rewards!
Prefer me to place your order for you? Call/text me at 336-671-1959 or send me a Facebook message. I am happy to help.
Note: When you ORDER $150+: DO NOT ADD THE HOST CODE. You will earn Stampin’ Rewards PLUS automatically qualify for the monthly Exclusive All Star Tutorials Bundle when you place your online order with me.
If you love great deals, our Last-Chance Products Sale is the perfect time to shop. Save up to 60% on essential craft supplies from the 2022-2023 Annual and 2023 January-April Mini Catalogs starting April 4, 2023. What are you waiting for? Start shopping! After all, this selection of Last Chance Products is only available while supplies last.
CLICK HERE to see all the retiring goodies in the online store and add them to your shopping cart.
Classes to Go:
Want to take a class when it’s convenient for you (and in your PJ’s if you like) in the comfort of your home? Be sure to check out my current classes to go! Enjoy full color, detailed printable PDF instructions for each class. See the current class offering HERE
Receive 12 tutorials all bundled together featuring products from the Bloom Where You’re Planted Suite
Purchase the December 2021 bundle here for $15 USD:
LIVE Paper Crafting:
Let’s get together for a LIVE crafting class each Tuesday at 12:30 PM ET where we will play with some new goodies from the current Catalogs!
I hope you will join me on my YouTube Channel
Looking forward to seeing you and your crafty friends for our next LIVE papercrafting class!
The new 2023-2024 Annual Catalog starts May 2, 2023! Whoo Hoo! Do you want one?
There are several ways to get the new catalog from me…
- Purchase the Starter kit & Join My Diemonds Team. It’s an exciting time to be demonstrator…you can even choose upcoming products from the Annual catalog in your starter kit when you join in April (or join NOW and select your retiring favs and take advantage of pre-order starting April 4th)! Yippee!!
- Have you placed an order with me in the last 6 months? If not, be sure to place an order with me this month to ensure you are on my list and I will be sure to get the new catalogs out to you.
- Become a Paper Pumpkin subscriber with me HERE.
- Join Cultivated Creativity HERE.
- Join the Forget Me Not Club HERE.
Thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator!
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS AND INFORMATION:
- Join my Stampin’ Up!® Diemonds team and get the awesome customizable starter kit HERE. It’s the best bundle ever!
- Ready for a fun, monthly craft kit delivered directly to you, so you get all the joy of creating without having to do all the research, design and prep? Cultivated Creativity is for you! Click HERE to get started.
- Join my Online Forget Me Not (FMN) Card Club and elevate your hand made cards HERE.
- Follow my blog by email and receive a FREE Exclusive monthly PDF tutorial bundle when you subscribe to email list HERE.
- Join Paper Pumpkin and get FREE PDF Tutorials with alternate projects each month.
- Earn Exclusive BONUS tutorials and FREE stamps with my rewards program. CLICK HERE for details.
Oh Wendy, This is so striking and a truly beautiful card x
Thank you Mikaela
Simply wow! What a wonderful way to celebrate the New Year! Love use of the Ombre paper and the whimsical trees.
Thanks so much Angie
Wow, wow, wow!!! Wendy, this is amazing!! I love everything about it, you clever thing you!!! 🙂 xxx
Thank you so much Cheryll
Fabulous card! Love the colors you used. Simply beautiful!
What a gorgeous, fun card!! Beautiful colors, too.
Thank you Cheryl
Great take on Martin’s idea, Wendy. I loved the idea too and you’ve completely aced it. Love the blues – so beautiful.
Wow! LOVE it! This card is simply perfect.