The twist was we were to interview each other to get to know each other a bit more…how fun! Cheryll and I got together via Zoom for our chat. It still amazes me this is possible to talk with someone across the world as if we were in the same room.
When Cheryll shared one of her favorite projects she created with me, I knew this was the perfect choice for my inspiration. You can see Cheryll’s full post HERE for the Crayon Resist Technique.
I found out Cheryll loves complicated and chaotic when it comes to her cardmaking. She is especially drawn to water coloring or really any color blending techniques where it is difficult to create the same thing twice. The messier the better.
For my project I wanted to create something using a resist technique and color blending, but I am not a big fan of messy projects so I avoided the watercoloring and went with ink blending with a Blending Brush to pull in my own style as well.
I started off with a Thick Basic White card base and added a Vellum Cardstock layer. I love the softness the Vellum creates.
To create the resist technique I die-cut a few elements with the Wisteria Dies from some Masking Paper and applied them to my Basic White cardstock layer before adding the Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen inks with the Blending Brush. I stayed with the greens since they are Cheryll’s favorite to work with.
Next I removed the masking paper and added a little bit of splatter with the Light Evening Evergreen Stampin’ Blend by flicking the brush top against the cap. This works wonderfully, but you need to be aware that it does blow out the tip so you will want a second set for coloring purposes.
I layered the water colored (yes I went ahead and did a little bit of water coloring) butterfly with a few Evening Evergreen die-cut leaves and some Simply Elegant Gold Trim. The butterfly is one of both our favorite images so it was a fun image to incorporate.
The gold pearls from the Festive Pearls embellishments added the perfect finishing touch.
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ (folded in half) Thick Basic White cardstock
- (2) 3-3/4″ x 5″ Vellum Cardstock
- (2) 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ Basic White cardstock
- 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ Shimmery White cardstock- cut into 1-3/4″, 1-3/8″ and 1″ strips after applying the resist technique
- Approx. 4″ x 5″ Masking Paper- die cut
- 2-3/4″ x 6-1/2″ Evening Evergreen cardstock- die cut leaves
- 3″ x 2-1/4″ Shimmery White cardstock- die cut butterfly
- Scrap Shimmery White cardstock- die cut sentiment
I hope this gave you a little creative inspiration.
I have created a printable recipe with the complete supply list and cut dimensions for you. Simple click the button below to access the printable file.
If you love learning cool techniques and fun folds… you will want to join us for our next Maker’s Mojo! Get you creative Mojo going with 10 awesome presentations in an all day LIVE event! See full details and register HERE.
Love this project? Here is your shopping list so you can re-create this idea on your own…just click on the images below to add them to your cart.
Live in the US…CLICK HERE to order your stamping supplies from my online store and have the products shipped directly to you. Don’t forget to add the HOST CODE RZKPMKM3 to take advantage of all my Rewards!
Prefer me to place your order for you? Call/text me at 336-671-1959 or send me a Facebook message. I am happy to help.
Note: When you ORDER $150+: DO NOT ADD THE HOST CODE. You will earn Stampin’ Rewards PLUS automatically qualify for the monthly Exclusive All Star Tutorials Bundle when you place your online order with me.
Lost your creative Mojo? We are here for you…
The Maker’s Mojo Creative Team is pleased to present our latest event and collaboration! We’re so excited to help you find your creative mojo through multiple stamping presentations at our upcoming online global event! Whether you create on your own or teach others, you are sure to find inspiration. See the event details and register HERE
Earn your spot for a day of Stamping, Creating and Fun where we will celebrate YOU!
- FREE Make-n-Takes (we will meet via Zoom for the card class so we can craft together)!
- Games and Prizes!
- Exclusive Special Offers You Will NOT Want To Miss!
Event qualification runs January 5-February 28, 2023. See full details HERE.
Thank You for choosing me as your demonstrator!
All Star Tutorial Bundle
Each month’s Tutorial Bundle will focus on a collection of products and includes TWELVE projects, with a how to video tutorial for each project, as well as photos, measurements and product lists. We even have measurements in both imperial and metric so anyone can create them. Yes, you’ll be able to create these projects right along with us!
What a great way to gain new & creative ideas and ALSO make the most of your products especially if you own the items in those collections.
The next subscription period is now open. See Full Details HERE
Have a long wish list? Why not enjoy a discount on all your Stampin’ Up! purchases? Scroll down to find out more.
Share your creative passion with others and build wonderful relationships as an independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrator! When you join the Stampin’ Up! family thru me HERE during Sale-A-Bration, you have three Starter Kit Options to choose from…
- Option 1: The Exclusive Boho Blue Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machines ($63 value) + Select $175 worth of the product of your choice and only pay $129 with FREE SHIPPING!
- Option 2: The original White Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machines ($63 value) + Select $175 worth of the product of your choice and only pay $99 with FREE SHIPPING!
- Option 3: Select $175 worth of the product of your choice and only pay $99 with FREE SHIPPING!
Enjoy all the benefits risk FREE (no penalty to drop) when you purchase the ultimate Stampin’ Up! bundle…the Starter Kit!
As a demonstrator you will also earn all the great rewards when you shop during Sale-A-Bration, while enjoying a 20% product discount!
I welcome hobby stampers to my team! When you purchase the kit and join thru me you will instantly become a Diemond and earn access to all the benefits.
Why not give it a try? Do it for YOU! Need more info… CLICK HERE for more details on joining my team.
Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text me at 336-671-1959… I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about joining or help you get started.
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS AND INFORMATION:
- Join my Stampin’ Up!® Diemonds team and get the awesome customizable starter kit HERE. It’s the best bundle ever!
- Ready for a fun, monthly craft kit delivered directly to you, so you get all the joy of creating without having to do all the research, design and prep? Cultivated Creativity is for you! Click HERE to get started.
- Join my Online Forget Me Not (FMN) Card Club and elevate your hand made cards HERE.
- Follow my blog by email and receive a FREE Exclusive monthly PDF tutorial bundle when you subscribe to email list HERE.
- Join Paper Pumpkin and get FREE PDF Tutorials with alternate projects each month.
- Earn Exclusive BONUS tutorials and FREE stamps with my rewards program. CLICK HERE for details.